Guardian Digital released yesterday, December 4, 2007 the latest version of their security targeted distribution: EnGarde Secure Community 3.0.18 (Version 3.0, Release 18). ISOs for i686 and x86_64 are available for direct download and also as torrent images. The download size is very small ~570 MB but it includes all the necessary tools to run a secure standalone or application server.
Changes in 3.0.18 include among others:
- New Guardian Digital Health Center for proactive hardware monitoring
- FwkNop and PSAD Tools for new levels of Security (featured in the the new Linux Firewalls book by Michael Rash)
- New stress-kernel package with a new stress testing suite
- Several new packages such as drbd (8.2.1), dsniff (2.3), psad (2.1), quota (3.15), sdparm (1.02), stress-kernel (3.0).
- The latest stable versions of MySQL (5.0.45), asterisk (1.4.14), kernel (2.6.23), openswan (2.4.10), samba (3.0.27a), syslog-ng (2.0.5), webtool (3.18), etc.
- Numerous fixes and features enhancements
A full list of changes in this release can be found here.
To download EnGarde Secure Linux Community 3.0.18 go here.